[Sems] no voice on first leg during 183 session progress in mycc application!!

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh.voip at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 15:22:16 CEST 2007

Hi All,
I am trying to use the mycc application with cc_acc_xmlrpc. Everything looks
fine apart from one small problem.
When the second call leg is attempted most of the times it happens that a
183 Session Progress is generated instead of 183 Ringing. And the one-way
media or ringing sound that comes along with the 183 message is never heard
on the first call leg, it just stays blank until the call is answered.
Once the call is answered the voice on both legs are perfect. Is there
anything I can do to let the one way media that comes along with 183 Session
Progress message reach the first call leg?
Many a times on PSTN network when the number is invalid or not in service or
if a phone is switched off the messages or announcements are playes in 183
Message and while using the MyCC application the original caller is not
aware of whats happening until the call is actually connected !!!

Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

w/regards,
Jayesh