[Sems] 403 response to INVITE

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at iptego.de
Tue Oct 30 18:56:47 CET 2007

Cyril Raymond wrote:
> Thanks Stefan and it works fine. BTW, is there any reason why there is a
> sleep for 5 seconds in AmSessionContainer::run(). Is this deliberate?
this sleep is there to let the thread itself stop (not the
call/session), i.e. the time from the point that in AmThread::_start the
thread sets _stopped, to the time that the thread is really stopped.

a more correct way would be to call pthread_join() (AmThread::join()) in
  AmSessionContainer::run to wait for the thread to stop. In this case
the sleep would not be necessary.

> The comment says,
> "Let some time for the Sessions to stop by themselves". But in cases
> where the session is terminated by  the server itself, isn't it ok to
if you are thinking about the call though, the situation is different:
if the call is terminated by the server, the status is set to
disconnecting, and the session waits for the response to the BYE to get
in disconnected state - see the second loop in AmSession::run. otoh if
the call is terminated from the other end, it goes into disconnected
state immediately and is ended.

> cleanup asap? Is it advisable to remove this sleep?
not really, if you don't replace it with join (which could block the
session cleaner if the session thread does not terminate).

Stefan

--
Stefan Sayer
VoIP Services