[Sems] using pre-encoded g729 stream with announce

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at iptego.com
Tue Sep 16 11:20:13 CEST 2008

Hello,

o Andrew Radke [09/16/08 03:27]:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to use announce as a music on hold service with a pre-encoded
> g729 stream. I have it working perfectly with a wav file and g711u but
> this is too high bandwidth for MOH with Internet routed calls.
>
> Could announce or SEMS in general be setup to stream pre-encoded streams
> in different codecs in the same way it does with wav files and g711u/a?
try precoded_announce application, its config file, e.g.
http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/sems/branches/1.0.0/apps/precoded_announce/etc/precoded_announce.conf
point to a .predef file (example here:
http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/sems/branches/1.0.0/apps/precoded_announce/wav/test.predef
) which defines the different available codecs and points to their raw
files; for g729 the following line should work
# format:
# codec id;payload name;samplerate;channels;format parameters;frame
# milliseconds;frame bytes;filename (full path)
18;g729;8000;1;<none>;20;20;myprecodedg729file.raw;

or, if you want to send 10 ms packets (probably not, if you want to save
bandwidth):
18;g729;8000;1;<none>;10;10;myprecodedg729file.raw;

Alternatively, if you can, use codecs like speex, or iLBC.

Stefan

--
Stefan Sayer
VoIP Services