[Sems] SEMS & VoiceXML

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at iptego.com
Mon Jun 22 19:05:17 CEST 2009

Hello,

o Victor Gamov [06/16/09 13:15]:
> Hi!
>
> I'm not familar with SEMS core but if I understand correctly it's really
> possible write VoiceXML interpreter (as module or as core part). SEMS
> has signaling part and allow get DTMF and speech so all necessary parts
> are exists.
>
> VoiceXML can simplify writing applications like voicemail and other.
>
> Any comments?

Considering that VoiceXML is an industry standard and IMS or IMS-like
networks seem to be really coming, I have sometimes also thought about that.

If it is about implementing real-world high performance services in
SEMS, DSM is more powerful and faster. Anyway, in IMS model there
usually is AS and MRF separated, which makes even simple call flows
quite complicated.

Implementation-wise I think it should be possible to write a VoiceXML ->
DSM script converter (maybe even as XSLT), possibly with some DSM helper
modules, that could possibly be the simplest implementation. It would
then have to compile and reload the scripts online. For embedded
scripts, there may be the need to embed some ecma-script interpreter
engine, but this could probably done in a DSM module.

Stefan

--
Stefan Sayer
VoIP Services